We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Francisco with a teen

Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
San Francisco with a teen

I will be spending 2 days in San Francisco with my sporty 13 year old and was looking for some fun things to do other than walking around (which we will do lots of). We have tickets for the night tour of Alcatraz. Are the Segways worth the bother?

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
393 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Francisco with a teen

Just returned from a trip with my 18 and 15 year old. Bike tours are hugely popular in San Fran. We also were able to walk up to the baseball stadium and get last minute tickets to the ball game.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,440 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Francisco with a teen

check back on this site around your trip to find events of your interest: SF Chronicle event listings www.sfgate.com/listings/search.php?events

see if there's a concert he can attend at an all ages venue: tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i17402-Concert_…

San Francisco
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: San Francisco with a teen

Check out the mechanical museum - it is a museum of arcade machines that you can play. Fun for all ages! http://www.museemechanique.org/

Also the Exploratorium - a hands on science museum fun for teens.

Rent a boat at Stow Lake in Golden Gate Park.

Mentioned in this post
Exploratorium
Exploratorium
3,049 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
Stow Lake
Stow Lake
97 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
Golden Gate Park
Golden Gate Park
8,475 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
Dallas
Level Contributor
53 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Francisco with a teen

We just returned from SFO with 2 teenage boys. (16 yr. old twins). We did the Alcatraz tour, and bike across the Golden Gate bridge, etc. But, there is a "Go Car" (sp?) tour that looked really fun. We ran out of time to do it, but they are little yellow cars equipped with GPS, that go around the city with a narrated tour. We saw lots of families with teenagers doing this. (2 per car), My kids weren't real interested in doing the Segway tour, so I didn't check into pricing. But, could be fun. Have a great time, and bring comfortable shoes for walking! Also, it was cold there. Bring sweatshirts & jeans.

Mentioned in this post
Golden Gate Bridge
Golden Gate Bridge
42,391 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
5. Re: San Francisco with a teen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 16:16