We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant.com Recommendations?

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurant.com Recommendations?

Restaurant.com is currently having a sale right now and I thought it would be a good way to save some money for our upcoming trip to San Francisco! (coupon code CRAVE if anyone's interested - 70% off)

Does anyone have any restaurant recommendations listed on restaurant.com that are worth looking into? Please let me know - Thanks!!!

Nashville
Level Contributor
179 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant.com Recommendations?

We just bought certificates for Cossu, Indigo and Colibri and I too would like to hear some feedback on both the restaurants and restaurant.com!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,396 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant.com Recommendations?

my friends went to Bushi-Tei on 1638 Post Street to celebrate their anniversary and raved about everything and I also recommend O Izakaya Lounge on 1625 Post St, just across from Bushi-Tei

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant.com Recommendations?

Hi. I bought a $50 certificate for Cossu Restaurant in San Francisco California. I did a reservation for 7/30/08 to celebrate my wedding anniversary. Few days before they called me to indicate that they will have a 200 persons party that day, and asked if I could go another day. I reschedule it for the 7/29/08. We took a taxi from the hotel to the restaurant . When we arrived they did not have any table available in the restaurant area because they were preparing the area for a wedding. They asked us to seat in the lounge area, no eating tables were arrange, they gave us a lounge table (not tall enough to put the food). When we tried to look the menu, the disc jockey began to prove the music equipments making a loud noising. We were completely disappointed because we planned a perfect day to celebrate our anniversary and they destroyed them. We decided to leave and took another taxi to our hotel. We lost our money in taxis, the certificate and worse our celebration.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant.com Recommendations?

The certificates from restaurants.com are genuine, I used three of them last week.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,879 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant.com Recommendations?

I use them all the time and have never had a problem. My standbys are:

Panta Rei: Italian in North Beach

Circa: the best mac & cheese in the city, in my opinion, though a tiny portion. Turns into a very happening bar/lounge after hours for the late 20 something Marina types.

Colbri: Good upscale Mexican food, close to Union Square.

Destino: One of my favorite restaurants in the city. Peruvian tapas or large plates with a prix fixe option, lively atmosphere. Easy to get to by MUNI.

Tokyo Go Go: Trendy place with very good sushi, nice drinks menu. In the Mission District, so easy to get to by BART.

I just saw Jardiniere is now on there? Definitely worth a try.

I've also been holding onto a certificate for Oola, which looks good too.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,879 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant.com Recommendations?

Larubains, what a horrible experience and sorry your anniversary got ruined. Hope you made it dinner elsewhere?

Not the best excuse, but I think the problem may have been because the restaurant is so new- only open a month. That 200 person party you mentioned was a yelp.com event, to introduce the restaurant to it's members.

7. Re: Restaurant.com Recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 08:17