We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please comment on my itinerary

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Topic
Please comment on my itinerary

Hello,

We’re coming to San Francisco soon and would like opinions and suggestions on the following itinerary. We’re look to have a relaxing vacation with some time to "smell the flowers"

Saturday Day 1: Arrive to SFO @11:00 am and take BART to our hotel in Union Square (get there around 1:00). Since we’ll be getting up around 5:00 am that day we want to take it easy. Take a cable car to Ghirardelli Square for lunch and then Fisherman’s Wharf and Musee Mecanique. Go back to hotel to relax for a couple of hours and dinner @7:00 at Foreign Cinema.

Sunday Day 2: Lombard St, walk by or take a quick look at Palace of Fine Arts and/or Explotarium, take some pictures of Golden Gate Bridge (we’re not planning to cross it but just want a nice view of it). 6:00 pm tour of Alcatraz.

Monday Day 3: Wine Lovers Tour with Extranomical

Tuesday Day 4: Ferry Building/ Farmers Market for a couple of hours and then Golden Gate Park. 7:30 dinner at First Crush.

Wednesday Day 5: Rent a car and drive to Cambria.

Thank you

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please comment on my itinerary

Sounds perfect. Have fun!!

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,787 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please comment on my itinerary

Chrissy Field has a great view of the GG Bridge, and it's right across the street from the Exploratorium. If you have extra time in the area, you could take a walk along Chestnut St. which has a lot of nice shops and cafes.

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please comment on my itinerary

Lucky13, I've been reading your posts as my husband and I are also considering a week in CA -- flying into SF, spending time there but vacationing down the coast as well. We won't be coming until Oct., so I'll be interested in feedback on how you like the way you've divided your time.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please comment on my itinerary

Now that sounds pretty relaxed! I like the pacing. So many folks try to cram in too much. See you soon.

5. Re: Please comment on my itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 16:17