We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for 4 bedroom house in SF area to rent

Kent,England
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for 4 bedroom house in SF area to rent

Hi, I'm thinking of coming over in March/April of next year and would like to rent a priavtely owned house or villa in SF area. Looking at the map Oakland,Fremont,San Rafael,Novato areas look ideal. Does anyone know of any good websites, (or any private owners viewing this post) where I can find reasonably priced houses for my family of six(house to sleep 8 would be ideal.) I have never been to SF before so just out what there is to do there.

Thanks

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,887 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for 4 bedroom house in SF area to rent

have you already looked at www.vrbo.com? you could also try craigslist.org.

Kent,England
Level Contributor
141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for 4 bedroom house in SF area to rent

Just had a quick look while I am (supposed to be) working...looks like just what I'm looking for. My immediate observation is that these privately owned houses are incredibly more expensive than Florida, why is that ? Is it just that I am in the affluent West ?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for 4 bedroom house in SF area to rent

The prices? Supply and demand. SF is a great area to visit.

I use vrbo.com often but try vacationrentals.com

they both have been very useful to my travels.

Have a great trip.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for 4 bedroom house in SF area to rent

Include Berkeley in your search, too.

Have a look at craigslist.org

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for 4 bedroom house in SF area to rent

you can also try

www.homeaway.com

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
37 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for 4 bedroom house in SF area to rent

March/April is still the rainy season and not the most popular time to visit. Most vacation home owners will negotiate their prices. Try making an offer.

Not sure what you want to do in SF, but homes in the suburbs are generally less expensive and there is good transportation into The City (as we call SF) during the commute times. There are buses, ferries, subways, train etc. to get into the downtown area. No need to drive into town and pay an arm and a leg for parking.

Enjoy your visit.

7. Re: Looking for 4 bedroom house in SF area to rent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 16:18