We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"The Painted Ladies"

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
K30
Cornwall
Level Contributor
609 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
"The Painted Ladies"

Hi,

I have been fortunate enough to travel to San Francisco twice before but have never ventured across to see The Painted Ladies. So, when I am there at the end of August, it is a "must-see" for me!

I am staying at Union Sq and I was thinking I would take the BART as close as I could, judging from my general street map it looks to be where S. Van Ness crosses at Market St, and then walk from there.

Would it then be best to walk along Hayes St (if memory serves me, this would be the main street?) to Alamo Sq?

Thank you in advance, 7 days to go!!!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "The Painted Ladies"

Take MUNI instead of BART. From Market Street, catch the 21-Hayes bus and get off at Hayes and Steiner, right at Alamo Square Park. The Painted Ladies are on Steiner, between Hayes and Grove Streets, just across the street from the park.

BART does not stop at S Van Ness and Market, nor does it get very close to Alamo Square.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,851 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "The Painted Ladies"

Yep, the 21-Hayes trolley bus is the way to go! BART doesn't go anywhere near Alamo Square. Sounds like maybe you should upgrade maps. ;)

http://www.sfmta.com - transit information, including maps

San Francisco
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: "The Painted Ladies"

Don't forget to say hi to Mr. Tanner ;-)

4. Re: "The Painted Ladies"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 05:31