We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Please could you tell us what the weather will be like from late Jan to mid Feb.

Any other useful tips about what to do, see ,or not to do /see would be appreciated

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

www.sanfrancisco.com/weather

many things to choose from:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60713-s1/…20Do

also check out these venues on this Go List for evening activities tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i17402-Concert_…

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

I can tell you a lot of times I'm enjoying 70 degree weather in Jan. while my friends in other parts of the country are in the snow. I live in the Sunset District in SF, which is usually the coldest place in summer 50's, 60's, while a mile away it can be in the 70's and higher.

SF gets neither too hot or too cold. It very rarely ever snows here. Bring a jacket and sweater - which would be true for anytime of the year here.

The only areas I wouldn't go to have no tourist value there anyway.

philadelphia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

I am considering goint to San Francisco in January. I would like to visit the Napa area and the Muir Woods area. Could you tell me what it looks like at that time of year? I live in the northeast and I was wondering if the trees loose their leaves? Is there anything to see in Napa Valley at that time of year?

Thanks

SF Bay Area
Level Contributor
226 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

It could be absolutely gorgeous or pouring rain or somewhere in between during that timeframe.

Being in a redwood forest during rain is fun and a different experience than when it is sunny. Some trees in that ecosystem will have shed their leaves but the redwoods do not because they are evergreens.

5. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 06:23