We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabs from MacArthur BART

London, UK
Level Contributor
174 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Cabs from MacArthur BART

I need to get to my hotel, Four Points Sheraton in Emeryville, from MacArthur BART (I am taking the BART from SFO to MacArthur).

When I arrive on a Sunday about 3pm, will there be cabs outside the station or maybe nearby? I can't judge from the map how big the station is and what the neighbourhood is like.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabs from MacArthur BART

The cab availability on a Sunday will be questionable.

You could take this shuttle to the Emeryville Amtrak station, it is very close to your hotel.

http://www.emerygoround.com/

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabs from MacArthur BART

Now I see that the shuttle will take you directly to your hotel.

London, UK
Level Contributor
174 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabs from MacArthur BART

OK so the shuttle is I guess not a bad idea, at least if I cannot see a cab. Looks like it stops by my hotel, which is great. Looks like it's only the BART Shopper route that runs on Sundays, is that the right route to my hotel? I can't quite tell.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabs from MacArthur BART

Yes, the Bart Shopper route goes right by your hotel. Just ask the driver before you get on if you aren't sure.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,919 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabs from MacArthur BART

I don't recall there being too many cabs at the MacArthur BART station when I pass by, but I'm not there often enough to confirm availability. I suggest the free Emery Go Round shuttle. On Sundays only the BART Shopper shuttle operates, but it's a good option assuming you don't have to wait too long for it.

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabs from MacArthur BART

does the hotel have a shuttle, I thought I've seen a white van with four points logo parked in front of the hotel before.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,919 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabs from MacArthur BART

I went by the MacArthur BART station yesterday (Saturday) evening and saw quite a few taxis queued up in front of the station on 40th Street. The taxi stand is very close to the Emery Go Round bus stop, so it will be easy for you to check the shuttle schedule and then hop in a taxi if it isn't coming soon. Good luck!

P.S. The station is located in a freeway median in an average part of town, so it is not exactly the nicest area to be roaming around in late at night. But as long as you are at the BART stop to catch the train or switch to the bus or a taxi, you will be fine.

8. Re: Cabs from MacArthur BART

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 16:16