We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Princess Diaries

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
289 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Princess Diaries

hello - me again - I'm pretty certain that Princess Diaries 1 & 2 movies are filmed in SF. I think that I have read that there is a tour that you can do of maybe the house or something related to the film - is this true? and how can you go on it? thanks

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,323 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Princess Diaries

Yes they were filmed here. The house is in Pacific Heights, but I don't know specifically of a tour. I have heard that there are tours based on movies set in SF, including Mrs. Doubtfire, Vertigo and others, so maybe Princess Diaries is now part of that tour.

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,323 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Princess Diaries

Yes they were filmed here. The house is in Pacific Heights, but I don't know specifically of a tour. I have heard that there are tours based on movies set in SF, including Mrs. Doubtfire, Vertigo and others, so maybe Princess Diaries is now part of that tour.

Placerville, CA
Level Contributor
398 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Princess Diaries

In PD1, when the Queen and Mia go to the "arcade", that is down by the main tourist area by the wharfs and Pier 39...I forget what it is called, but ask about the "arcade" and you too can arm wrestle with the machine. I've also walked by the school, but can't remember where!!

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
289 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Princess Diaries

macjack - do you know the name of the tour you mention with Mrs Doubtfire ... I think that was the one that I read about .. somewhere??? If you can give me the name I'll try a google search .. thanks

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
289 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Princess Diaries

Help - does anybody know if there is a tour?????

Tasmania, Australia
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Princess Diaries

Hi chookie - check out this website http://www.sanfranciscomovietours.com