We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant near pier for new year's eve

stoughton,ma
Level Contributor
255 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant near pier for new year's eve

we will be in san francisco over the new year. i have looked into options such as hornblower cruises and teatro zinzanni.either would have been over $500/couple without gratuities. we then looked up the boulevard restaurant. they had a prixe fixe menu for 195/pp without drinks or tips and the meal ended at 10:00. so.. could anyone recommend a nice restaurant down by the water where we could have dinner and drinks and then walk out to watch the fireworks that won't break the bank.

steve

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant near pier for new year's eve

Well, yes, Boulevard would be among the priciest.

I think you have several choices. Waterfront is easy, but "nice" is a relative matter in the eyes of the beholder. Among them, but not all:

Sens

Delancey Street

Epic Roast House

Gordon Biersch

This is a short list, and each is different from the other in price range, food, etc. I left Slanted Door off this list because I once tried booking them New Year's Eve and they were closed. I don't know if they've changed that practice.

You can, as sort of a one-stop-shopping, take a look at the reviews in the SF Chronicle. They have a nice tool to find restaurants:

www.sfgate.com/food

1. There are two drop-down menus, one for "Cuisine" and one for "Location."

2. Leave the cuisine field set to "All Cuisines." Open the drop-down menu and choose "Embarcadero," which falls under the "San Francisco" heading.

3. You'll notice that there are 30 restaurants that come under this category. Not all of them are waterfront. The thumbnail description will have address, phone number, etc., but not that level of detail about view. Click on the reviews to see more. There can be one or more, so choose the most recent.

4. I find the $$$ rating helpful to compare restaurants. Although some restaurants with the same number of $ signs will have different NYE dinner prices, you can at least see at a glance if you are choosing a restaurant that is already a notch down generally in pricing.

Of course, all these restaurants have their own websites if you want to see their pictures of their interior and how they market themselves.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant near pier for new year's eve

www.opentable.com is another resource. Pick a neighborhood, the date and number of people. I selected Financial District/Embarcadero and came up with quite a number of possiblities. From there you can link to the specific websites of any restaurant.

I would suggest calling those that you might be considering to see what they'll be offering on NYE.

3. Re: restaurant near pier for new year's eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 09:20