We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

laundry

Ireland
Level Contributor
475 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
laundry

Hi I see the Chancellor offer a Laundry service, can anyone please tell me how much the service costs? Thank you.

Ireland
Level Contributor
475 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: laundry

Oh and can anyone please advise on day trips. Would like to take train to Old Sacramento or Santa Cruz, is that possible? If so which would you recommend? And would Sonoma be worth a visit? Thanks again

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: laundry

As regards the laundry service, hotel laundry is usually expensive but it would probably be best to email the Chancellor directly with this question. They are well known for their service and I'm sure they'd be glad to give you the details.

As far as day trips, Sonoma would definitely be worth it. Santa Cruz and/or Monterey also. Old Sacramento would be pretty low on my list. Will you have a car?

Ireland
Level Contributor
475 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: laundry

Thanks RamblinSal, no we won't have a car. We thought we'd take golden Gate transit to Sonoma and if possible a train to Santa Cruz

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,439 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: laundry

>>Thanks RamblinSal, no we won't have a car. We thought we'd take golden Gate transit to Sonoma and if possible a train to Santa Cruz<<

I didn't think you could get to the town of Sonoma (if that is what you meant by "Sonoma"), which is also a county with many towns/cities. But I went to the Golden Gate Transit site and used a starting point of Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf and an ending point of the Sonoma Plaza.

Here are three trips. You will see that you have several transfers, and what would be a 45 minute trip by auto ends up being much longer.

http://tinyurl.com/cru4db

To get to Santa Cruz, you can take Caltrain to the San Jose Diridon Station, but then you need to find a bus going on Hwy 17 across the "hill" to Santa Cruz which will connect with the train you pick. This would be the Santa Cruz Metro bus line. I tried to find a schedule for you using google, as I did above, but it isn't working.

We don't "do" public transportation between cities, etc. very well in this country. It would be so much easier for you to rent a car for these day trips.

Good luck.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: laundry

I agree with Puter, if you are able to rent a car, do so -- heck, I drove in your country which I think is a bit more difficult with many narrow roads and headgerows right on the sides.

To get to either Santa Cruz or Sonoma on public transit will require a change (train to bus or bus to bus). And the drives to both places can be very pretty but I doubt the public transit is taking the most scenic route. And if you want to check out any wineries in Sonoma, you'll defiitely need a car.

Ireland
Level Contributor
475 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: laundry

Thanks again for all that... We may rent a car for the odd day but there is soooooooo much to do in and around San Francisco we might just decide to stay there. Taking the ferry to Sausalito will be nice. Driving in S.F. doesn't bother me at all as I have driven there a few years ago. Not sure when you visited here RamblinSal but those Narrow roads and hedges are almost a thing of the past, where I live it's mostly motorways and dual carriageways. You really have to go into the country to encounter those roads you mention.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: laundry

Well, I guess it *was* a walk in the park ago. I was wandering about Kilkenny and Killarney in 1993! In 2000 I visited again but stayed mostly around Dublin, although I noticed so much building even then.

If you'd like an easy day trip to visit a winery you can take the Alameda ferry to Rosenblum cellars. https://www.rosenblumcellars.com/

Ireland
Level Contributor
475 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: laundry

Thanks again RamblinSal, that sounds like a possible trip. If you can suggest any other trips/things to do I'd appreciate it.

9. Re: laundry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 03:19