We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sheraton at fishermans wharf

dayton,ohio
Level Contributor
118 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
sheraton at fishermans wharf

almost have decided on this one and staying in the fishermans wharf area. want this trip to be perfect because i'll probably never get there again. any feedback or suggestions?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,441 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sheraton at fishermans wharf

Did you read the reviews? There seems to be two issues that are mentioned: Buses sit on one side of the hotel and they are/were doing some refurbishing that involves scaffolding, etc. It is a nice hotel and all, but I would CALL and ask for a manager in order to be away from those two things if possible. If you want your trip to be "perfect" you are leaving yourself open for dissappointment if you don't speak with someone.

Chicago
Level Contributor
690 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sheraton at fishermans wharf

As of June there was a lot of construction going on at this hotel. It looked like half of the building was affected. Before you decide you should read the hotel reviews on this site for this and other hotels. If you want to stay at the Wharf you might consider the Argonaut which gets great reviews.

Since this may be your only trip you really might consider staying in Union Square instead of the Wharf. Union Square is the heart of the city and has many more good options for food (and hotels), etc.

Chicago
Level Contributor
690 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sheraton at fishermans wharf

Pay special attention to the photos accompanying the July 7 review of this hotel on this site. It will give you some idea of what the scaffolding and plastic look like (just not the magnitude of it or the noise and dirt associated with the construction).

This may go without saying, but if you contact the Sheraton as Wes Tyler recommended, be sure to get the name of the hotel manager you speak with particularly if that person gives you any assurances about the location of a room.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sheraton at fishermans wharf

If this will be your one and only trip to The City, you may want to consider staying at a hotel in the Union Square area. It is in the heart of the city and you really can't go wrong. The cable cars will easily get you to and from the Wharf so you can still spend time down there if you wish.

California
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sheraton at fishermans wharf

I did a priceline bid and got this place, asked for a higher room (only 3 to five floors) and the guy gave me street level. The desk wasn't real friendly, though I forgot me room key in the room and another was made pretty fast.