We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Friendly Restaurants

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Family Friendly Restaurants

HI All!

We will be travelling (for the first time) with our 5 month old. Can anyone recommend any family friendly dinner restaurants? We're looking to try the seafood, dim sum and sushi while in San Francisco but are open to all foods. We'll be staying close to the Ferry Building.

Thanks in advance!

Janelle

San Francisco
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Friendly Restaurants

Most Chinese restaurants are very accommodating to families. Whenever my family goes out for dim sum, there are always lots of other kids around. One other advantage is the food is right there after you're seated.

My kids used to love the sushi boat places when they were little. The little boats floating around the bar are a nice distraction and again, the food is there immediately. Of course, it's not the greatest sushi in the City but it's not a bad choice with kids.

When we crave sushi boat action, we usually go to Warakubune in the Castro, but there are others around 5th & Clement and in Japantown. There's a place called Sushi Boat near Union Square that I'd assume has sushi boats, but I've never been inside.

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Friendly Restaurants

Near the Ferry Building the Embarcadero Center has some family friendly restaurants -- Fuzio (pasta) and Chevy's. Chinatown is not far from the Embarcadero.

Besides Chinatown, Yank Sing Restaurant in the nearby Rincon Center serves dim sum.

And, of course, at the Ferry Building are Mijita (tacos) and Taylor's Refresher (burgers).

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Friendly Restaurants

Honestly - at 5 months - you probably can go most places - especially if you hit it at when the baby is sleeping. That age was the easiest to go out with - it is 2 - 4 year olds that you need to worry about family friendliness :). Have fun.

4. Re: Family Friendly Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 06:25