We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in San Francisco for 18 year-olds

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
3 posts
Save Topic
2 days in San Francisco for 18 year-olds

Hello,

My daughter and a friend will be spending 2 days in SF over a weekend. They're 18 so can't get into bars or clubs. Any suggestions for great things for them to do that aren't super expensive, outside of the more typical tourist locales?

Many thanks,

SoCal Mom

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days in San Francisco for 18 year-olds

Here are a couple of previous threads that asked a similar question. They're a few years old, but I'd bet diversons haven't changed too much. Thank drummerliz:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60713-i30-k651738…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60713-i30-k731493…

San Francisco
Level Contributor
516 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days in San Francisco for 18 year-olds

Here are a couple of things to do:

- Check out the Metreon - restaurants, interactive arcade area, stores, movie theatre(http://westfield.com/metreon/)

- Shopping around the Union Square area - H&M, Forever 21, Macy's, Urban Outfitters, etc.

- See if there are any neighborhood festivals happening over the weekend

- Depending on which weekend they'll be here, there is also free music concerts at Stern Grove (http://www.sterngrove.org/2009season.html)

- Rent bikes and go across the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito and take the Ferry back to San Francisco

Los Angeles
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days in San Francisco for 18 year-olds

Many thanks for the suggestions. I've passed them along to my daughter who is super jazzed about her weekend in the City.

Thanks!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days in San Francisco for 18 year-olds

recently discussed topic with helpful nightlife tips for 18+ and all ages venues, many affordable options:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60713-i30-k278180…

San Francisco
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days in San Francisco for 18 year-olds

If it is a sunny day, Dolores Park in the Mission is the place to be - my 18 yr old hangs out there all the time. They can also walk down valencia street, about 2 blocks away between 15th and 24th street and shop at small stylish shops. Also cafes, etc there.

6. Re: 2 days in San Francisco for 18 year-olds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2009, 05:29