We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcatraz Trip

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Alcatraz Trip

Hi

I am going to San Francisco early September and I would like to go on a night trip to alcatraz. I am thinking about going with www.alcatrazcruises.com. Can anybody tell me if this is the best company to go with. Also would the 6.10pm or 6.45 trip be better. Ideally I would like to see alcatraz by day and when the sunsets.

Thank you in advance

Kerry

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,180 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcatraz Trip

Kerry,good choice,Alcatraz is a wonderful trip night or day,be aware tho' that the night tour does not run every day & wrap up well as it gets pretty chilly out on 'the rock'

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,948 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcatraz Trip

alcatrazcruises.com is the official site for booking tours of Alcatraz. Do not book with unauthorized resellers, who may inflate the price.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcatraz Trip

Sunset in early September is around 7:30PM. I imagine either of these tours will have you out there at sunset.

As others have said, www.alcatrazcruises.com is the official concessionaire. The evening tour is not done every day, so check their website as you plan your itinerary. And book ahead, the evening tour is the most popular (and fewer of them).

4. Re: Alcatraz Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2009, 07:41