We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help to plan my days while in SF this Aug

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help to plan my days while in SF this Aug

Hi there,

We are a couple with an 8 month-old travelling in Aug. We will be having a rental car while in SF b/c we'll be driving from LA and have to drive back to LA for our flight home. Plus, with the kid we figure it may be easier to have the car with all the stuff to bring.

Aug 22 Arrive SF in early or late afternoon

Aug 23 SF

Aug 24 SF

Aug 25 SF in AM, then drive interstate 5 back to LA

Aug 26 flight home

We've never been to SF before, so we would like to do all the tourist sites if possible. Alcatraz tour, Fisherman's Wharf, Cable car ride, Lombard St., North beach, Chinatown, Japantown???, Golden Gate Bridge (either driving or walking), Golden Gate park, Sausalito if time permits. Some shopping would be nice too if time permits.

Also should we be staying in Fisherman's wharf or Union Square? We realize the high price of parking in these areas. Unless if there is a better choice that you can recommend, that is clean, safe and nice and not too far from the main tourist sites.

Thank you for your help.

Italydream

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,394 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help to plan my days while in SF this Aug

You could stay at the Columbus Motor Inn which is in North Beach and walking distance to Fisherman's Wharf and has free parking. www.columbusmotorinn.com or in one of the Lombard Street hotels which also offer free parking: http://www.lombardstreethotels.com/

Hotel Del Sol is nice in Cow Hollow: jdvhotels.com/hotels/sanfrancisco/del_sol

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,394 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help to plan my days while in SF this Aug

and here is a guide to the Marina district which is the area of Lombard Street/Hotel del Sol

www.sfgate.com/neighborhoods/sf/marina/

Fisherman's Wharf: sfgate.com/neighborhoods/sf/fishermanswharf/

North Beach: www.sfgate.com/neighborhoods/sf/northbeach/

3. Re: Help to plan my days while in SF this Aug

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2010, 07:17