We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day and a half in San Francisco

Israel
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
one day and a half in San Francisco

Hi,

I will be in San Francisco for a day and a half.

What I want to do:

In the first 0.5d:

* The Aquarium of the Bay

* Blue and Gold Fleet bay cruise

* Alcatraz night tour

The second day:

* Golden Gate Bridge

* The Presidio

* Coit Tower

* The Transamerica Pyramid

* Alamo Square Park

* Lombard Street

* 22nd Street between Vicksburg and Church in Noe Valley and Filbert Street between Leavenworth and Hyde on Russian Hill

* The Mission Dolores Church

* Chinatown

* The Civic Center

* The Castro

What do you think on that plan?

Thanks!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,396 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one day and a half in San Francisco

You can actually organize it to be in this order (view locations on the map to see why I use this order):

1/2 day

* The Aquarium of the Bay (BTW, the one in GG Park - The Steinhart Aquarium www.calacademy.org/academy/exhibits/aquarium - is much better, you wouldn't get your money's worth at Aquarium of the Bay)

* Blue and Gold Fleet bay cruise

* Alcatraz night tour

1/2 day

* Chinatown (walk down Grant St. - side streets have good dim sum places)

* The TransAmerica Pyramid (at Montgomery & Washington)

* Filbert Street between Leavenworth and Hyde on Russian Hill

* Lombard Street

* Coit Tower

* Golden Gate Bridge (take #30 muni and transfer to #28 bus on Chestnut & Laguna www.sfmuni.com/28 www.sfmuni.com/30 )

* The Presidio (accessible from #28 bus)

1/2 day

* The Civic Center (depending on where you are coming from the MUNI underground trains J,K,L,M,N will go there, or you can get there on buses #5, #21, #47, #49 )

* Alamo Square Park (from City Hall on McAllister & Van Ness, get the # 5 Fulton bus www.sfmuni.com/5 and get out at Steiner & Fulton ST., walk one block south uphill to Fulton & Steiner)

* The Castro (go to Divisadero & Fulton to catch the #24 Divisadero going south on Divisadero and get out at Castro & Market www.sfmuni.com/24 )

* The Mission Dolores Church (catch the #33 going east on 18th St. and get out at Dolores and go to 16th St. www.sfmuni.com/33 )

* 22nd Street between Vicksburg and Church in Noe Valley (you can catch the J Church to Noe Valley on Church Street www.sfmuni.com/J )

I recommend you buy a muni visitor passport

www.sfmta.com/cms/mfares/passports.htm

Israel
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: one day and a half in San Francisco

WOW!

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!!

One more question I have - which area do you think I need to order hotel in? I think on Fisherman Wharf area.

Thanks!

Royi.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,396 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one day and a half in San Francisco

Area for hotel: Union Square has more hotels, better bars, dining and shopping. Fisherman's Wharf is not as pleasant and the mark-up profits on tourists. Lombard Street is often the cheapest if you are trying to keep the price low. http://lombardstreethotels.com/ It is called Marina District/Cow Hollow and has many affordable places for dining, drinking and many boutiques on Chestnut street or Union Street. If you give us a max daily rate for a hotel room that you're willing to pay, we can give you suggestions and provide dates so we can tell you if there's a big convention that will raise the rate due to high demand.

Israel
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: one day and a half in San Francisco

Hi,

Thanks again for your reply!

I will be in SF on 30-SEP-09 until 02-OCT-09.

My budget is 100$ aprox per night.

I want to be in a place that will be at the best area for my traveles (thats why I think the Fisherman's Wharf is the best location for me because all of the first 0.5d attractions are in this area and a day after I can buy a passport for one day (unlimited) and visit the other places you wrote).

Thanks again!

Royi.

5. Re: one day and a half in San Francisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2010, 05:18