We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Beach-Chinatown

Van Nuys, CA
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
North Beach-Chinatown

Could I walk from North Beach to Chinatown or do I need to take public transportation?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,440 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Beach-Chinatown

Yes, North Beach is adjacent to Chinatown. Public transit is often slower at certain times of the day than walking on Stockton St. between Columbus/Green and the Stockton Tunnel because of the traffic lights and the large quantities of passengers entering/exiting the buses. Grant St. is a better street for a stroll sometimes, but the side streets often offer some hidden gems such as tasty dim sum and stores sell giant incense packages that are very cheap.

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
10,389 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Beach-Chinatown

I consider the walk from Union Square, though Chinatown via Grant or Stockton to Columbus Avenue in North Beach, and then down Columbus to Fisherman's Wharf, to be one of the best walks in the world.

Mentioned in this post
Stockton
Stockton
California
3. Re: North Beach-Chinatown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2010, 08:15