We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Hotels - CP as bad as some say

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport Hotels - CP as bad as some say

My wife, 5yo son and I will be overnighting in SF to break up the journey from Sydney to Charlotte. We will be in SF less than 24 hours so have decided the airport hotel is best for us. We have been into SF city previoulsy so no need to do it all again.

I was thinking Crowne Plaza was good value but after reading reviews I am not so sure. Is it as bad as some reviews say? Any other options in a similar price range? At the moment we can get a room with 2 double beds for about $75 inclusive of taxes.

We are pretty easy going travellers and usually don't use a lot of hotel services. We would like something with a shuttle service from SFO, pool and internet access, other than that we don't require too much (of course we need a bed etc)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Hotels - CP as bad as some say

that's a low rate to hope for including tax. you can probably get it through Hotels.com and maybe by looking at Hilton Garden Inn SF Airport North …hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml…

or Travelodge San Francisco Airport North travelodge.com/Travelodge/…

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,481 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Hotels - CP as bad as some say

I believe OP said that at the moment they can get thye Crowne Plaza for that price, but they were worried about the reviews.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Hotels - CP as bad as some say

Correct there. I am holding a reservation at the moment for stay next month which is $79 plus taxes but does not require prepayment. I can go to a $69 rate plus taxes but this will require full payment.

So yes it is more about the mixed reviews i have read here.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,481 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Hotels - CP as bad as some say

I am not finding the bad reviews...but that may be because I have not figured out how to go directly to the reviews. The ones I did see were, like, 4's.

Since you are only using it for an overnight, I would take advantage of the great rate. It is not a slum. One review said it was "not fancy" but OK. If that is good enough for you....well.

good luck.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,481 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Hotels - CP as bad as some say

If you haven't seen the website....here it is..

http://www.sfocp.com/

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Hotels - CP as bad as some say

on yelp, people were complaining about the $16 parking fee and the slowness of changing TV stations. Other than that, it seems ok. Renovated about five years ago. I have a suggestion about parking if you want to PM me.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,987 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Hotels - CP as bad as some say

One of the one-star reviews complains that this wasn't a Club Crowne Plaza level hotel, apparently referring to some system of getting discounted rooms by staying at other parts of the chain.

Another negative came from a bride who didn't like sapects of her wedding at the hotel (particularly one woman whom she wanted to strangle).

If one isn't comparing the hotel to best other Crowne Plaza experiences, or planning a wedding there, it does pretty well as a reasonably priced airport hotel in Burlingame. No hotels in Burlingame are especially grand.

My opinion is that all hotels in Burlingame increase in price with their distance from the 101, and that's just the way it is. If you are on a budget, bring earplugs (isn't that true almost everywhere?) One guest (also giving a poor review) did mention that earplugs were supplied (very nice, actually).

People who think the rooms are small do not seem to be from California - certainly not from Northern California. Having been in several SFO airport hotels for conventions at work, I'd say that the picture of the CP make the room sizes look average for that area.

It's currently showing $93 as the price - that is its main feature, obviously.

8. Re: Airport Hotels - CP as bad as some say

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2010, 06:19