We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinks at the Top of The Mark

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Drinks at the Top of The Mark

We are taking the night tour of Alcatraz and staying at the Knob Hill Hotel. We wondered if aps/snacks are available and would like to do this following our tour. Thoughts? Better ideas from experts?? Thank you dear ta friends!

Dylan's Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Bike Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Vantigo Tours
City Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Urban Trek USA
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Painted Ladies Tour Company
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , City Tours, Private Tours
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
28,924 posts
6,059 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinks at the Top of The Mark

There are a few appetizers you can buy - note: Expensive, as so are the drinks. However the view is impressive and for many going to the Top of the Mark is a must do.

intercontinentalmarkhopkins.com/top_of_the_m…

Another place to consider going is

Harry Denton's Starlight Club - Different view, but still nice city view - get a table along the window area.

http://www.harrydenton.com/

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinks at the Top of The Mark

When we went we were told that when the live band begins to play we would be asked to pay a cover charge. We stayed until just before the band took the stage. The view was amazing. So if you don't want to pay a cover charge - in the event a band is playing- get there early and leave before they take the stage.

We did not have appitizers but we sure had drinks!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,147 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinks at the Top of The Mark

Few dining experiences can beat the Top of the Mark.

It is about a lot more than appetizers and drinks, "meet me at the Top of the Mark" was a promise from many young men to their sweethearts as they shipped out in WWII.

The experience is a throw back to that era, the views are stunning, the food sublime and the drinks perfect.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,537 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinks at the Top of The Mark

The views during and before sunset are gorgeous. I can't say about the views at night. Since you are staying in Nob Hill, see if you can catch a tour with SF city guides. There is so much history, and we enjoyed the storytelling a lot.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinks at the Top of The Mark

The view is good at the Top of the Mark.

Do not sit at the bar. Make sure you sit at a table. The problem with the bar is that it is right next to some sort of storage room/kitchen, with horrible lighting and loud noise leaking out from it.

Stick to the drinks as listed on the menu. I ordered a traditional Negroni. (With gin--the Negroni on the menu was made with vodka, which I have never heard of in my life. If you're going to offer a Negroni, why dumb it down with vodka? Vodka drinkers probably wouldn't know what a Negroni is, anyway.) Anyway, they screwed it up and I had to send it back. Stick to the drinks exactly as they are listed on the menu, and I'm sure you'll be fine. They do have a menu with some mediocre apps. You're paying for the view.

6. Re: Drinks at the Top of The Mark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2010, 04:18