We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wanting a hotel with a kitchenette in the city

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
wanting a hotel with a kitchenette in the city

I love the Ferry Market! I had vowed that on my next visit I would stay somewhere with a kitchen and cook away my dreams with fresh ingredients from this market. Any suggestions on where to stay without having to rent a car? The Extended Stay America hotels are all out in the suburbs. The closest one is in Belmont. Any comments would be helpful.

I also don't have a clue on how to go about the "couch surfing" thing, but I am not interested in sleeping on the couch nor am I interested in reciprocating with a free stay at my house. I'm happy to pay for an apt for 1 week, too, if that is an option.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wanting a hotel with a kitchenette in the city

Check the Grosvenor Suites on Pine St. http://www.grosvenorsuites.com/

There are also apartments available via www.vrbo.com These are individually owned and located in many different parts of town. If you see one that intrigues you, give us its location and we can provide feedback on the neighborhood.

Happy cooking!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wanting a hotel with a kitchenette in the city

thank you! the Grosvenor Suites look perfect for me!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wanting a hotel with a kitchenette in the city

Great! If you've got any super-duper Big Easy recipes to share, be sure to ship us a Trip Report!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,373 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wanting a hotel with a kitchenette in the city

OH, and please let us know how the Grosvenor Suites worked out for you....I recommend them all the time for families because of the location and the amenities and the fact that the website looks good, but have not actually stayed there myself.

5. Re: wanting a hotel with a kitchenette in the city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2010, 07:23