We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather next week.

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Topic
Weather next week.

Does anyone have any info on the weather front coming your way early next week? It doesnt sound like there will be good weather tues and weds. Or is it being exagerated.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,429 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather next week.

this is the ten-day forecast www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USCA0987…

40% chance of showers for Tue/Wed, though SF is full of microclimates so you could see scattered showers in some parts and just clouds in other parts. Rainy season begins in early October, but doesn't stick to constant rain like in Seattle.

BTW, usually hotels can provide you with an umbrella (at least most I've been to) if you don't bring one. There's always a nearby Walgreens to pick up an umbrella. On chilly days, dress in layers, so if you are chilly in the morning and it warms in the afternoon, you can tuck the coat away in a backpack. It's more important to have a windbreaker and scarf if it is damp and windy.

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather next week.

Hmm wunderground has a different forecast of rain and high winds for tues and weds. Also Accuweather has weather alerts for the area on the same days.

Obviously rain wont deter me me but some sun would be better.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,429 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather next week.

yes, it will vary, but with micro-climates, downtown is far different than Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Park and different in the North Bay.

I recommend that for the rainy days, visit the indoor sights such as California Academy of Sciences, SFMOMA, de Young Museum, Asian Art Museum, and perhaps see a movie inside of the historic Castro Theatre or the Grand Lake Theatre in Oakland: http://www.castrotheatre.com/calendar.htm http://www.renaissancerialto.com/index.htm

Enjoying some nighttime entertainment: tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i17402-Concert_…

4. Re: Weather next week.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2013, 19:06
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather next week.

>>to the locals - would i be silly to travel to SF without a windbreaker/light jacket of some sort?<<

Yes, you would be completely silly! Unless of course you are planning on buying things here. From another post I understand you're planning on the night tour of Alcatraz. Even in the middle of a heat spell (which we won't have next week), a jacket or sweater would be necessary while out on the bay. Same can be said if you're planning on walking part or all of the Golden Gate Bridge.

Yesterday I wore a cotton turtle neck, a light weight wool sweater AND a light jacket and I was *not* too warm! The fog came in around 3pm and it was chilly (it also abbreviated the Blue Angels).

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather next week.

We generally get the majority of our seasonal rainful from mid/late Oct. through April.

We are expecting our first big storm of the Fall early this coming week. It's forecasted to start late Monday night and through Tuesday. For sure, I'd say Tuesday would be a day to plan indoor activities. The rain on Tues. is supposed to be heavy and accompanied by strong winds (30+ mph). It's possible we'll still have left over showers on Weds., but they shouldn't be as heavy as Tues.

This is my favorite local website for the weather forecast:

abclocal.go.com/kgo/channel…

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather next week.

I think krslong has the lowdown on next week's weather. I'll throw in my local weather outlet: www.cbs5.com However, I don't think there's much disagreement about this upcoming storm.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather next week.

Hubby and I are just back from SF yesterday. They are expecting rain in he middle of the week but brightening up for week-end [according to TV WF]. Although the sun was shining for us all week, it was not a 'hot' sun and we found it to be quite cold, especially first thing in morning and evening.

Regardless of the weather you will have a great time as it is a lovely city - we just loved Fisherman's Warf with plenty fish restaurants to eat at.....enjoy

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather next week.

We arrived last night aand am very happy to be here but now its windy and rainy which is ok. Im up early because off the 8 hour time difference I was too tired to go to bed at my normal time so went to bed at 10pm local.

Anyhow.

Any suggestions for indoor activity? We are due to Alcatraz at 1230 but im not sure if its a good idea. Any suggestions for an indor activitie(s) that can take up a whole day.?

Knoxville, TN
Destination Expert
for Interlaken
Level Contributor
4,871 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather next week.

We're flying into SFO tonight around 10:00 pm...sounds like a bumpy a ride!