We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grayline Monterey and Carmel trip

Kirkcaldy
Level Contributor
618 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Grayline Monterey and Carmel trip

Can't find much up to date feedback about this 11 hour coach trip. Does anyone have any or can they recommend or warn me against any other companies? Want to go Sat 21st Nov. We do not want to drive a hire car on holiday as we commute 50 miles a day roundtrip for work.

Ontario
Level Contributor
343 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grayline Monterey and Carmel trip

Can't say anything about Grayline - we took the Great Pacific Tour to Montery and Carmel and enjoyed it very much. It's a small 12 passenger bus and we have great people with us on the tour. They also include lunch at Carmel at a very nice restaurant and you will get to meet the other tourists.

Lower Hutt, New...
Level Contributor
88 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grayline Monterey and Carmel trip

We went on this Grayline Tour and it was great. The driver/guide was funny, helpful, and gave a good commentary. It was a full sized coach and we stopped for morning tea, lunch and at various scenic places. Not rushed but at a good pace. Would recommend it to you.

Berkshire
Level Contributor
113 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grayline Monterey and Carmel trip

I recently went on a 2 day Grayline trip to Yosemite, so not the tour you were asking about but I can definately recommend them as a company. Everything was very well organised and the drivers were informative, amusing and helpful.

Chelmsford, UK
Level Contributor
75 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grayline Monterey and Carmel trip

Hi,

We took the Grayline tour from SF to Monterey & Carmel a few days ago so have experience of this exact tour. Before booking I wanted to ensure we booked a tour that allowed adequate time at the Monterey Aquarium-this was one of the better tours as we were able to purchase the Aquarium ticket as part of the tour-I think it was $81 per person (Tour inc Aquarium). We really enjoyed the tour, it was a full size coach and the driver was also the guide, commentating as we passed through places and sharing his knowledge of the areas as we travelled. We drove along Highway 1 via Half Moon Bay, Santa Cruz and Watsonville and arrived in Monterey at 1pm. The coach stopped at the Aquarium and everyone got off for a 2 hour stop, allowing people to go along Cannery Row or to the Aquarium as desired. We loved the Aquarium, and although we could have used a longer stay, 2 hours was sufficient to see the main features including the Great White shark! We even had enough time to grab a delicious sandwich and cake at Augustinos on Cannery Row before getting back on the coach. The trip then took us along 17 Mile Drive stopping at the Lone Cypress and a stop at the Pebble Beach Golf Resort. We then went on to Carmel where we stayed for another hour or so allowing people to grab something to eat if they wanted to. We got back to SF around 8.45pm so not too late and well worth 11 hours out of SF. I would recommend Grayline, we also went on their Muir Woods/Sausilito tour and the Wine Country tour both of which were comprehensive, well organised and enjoyable. Enjoy your trip!

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,919 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grayline Monterey and Carmel trip

Grayline is an established tour company here in California. You should have an expectation for a good tour, as those who have used it say above.

However, do keep in mind that there is the chance for rain in late November. California's rainy season doesn't usually start until December or even January, but consider waiting to book your trip until much closer to the day of departure.

6. Re: Grayline Monterey and Carmel trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2010, 05:18