We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions of places to stay in San Francisco and Parking??

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
256 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Questions of places to stay in San Francisco and Parking??

Hi !!

My wife and I are planning a trip to San Francsico and Carmel next year (End of August and first part of September). I think I have picked the place in Carmel the Tally Ho Inn I think, (up for additional suggestions however). I am starting to review places to stay in San Francisco. We will be staying 3 or 4 nights and that will be over Labor day weekend. Looking for something clean and nice nothing extravagant. We will have a car and I am finding that it costs about $50.00 per day to just park and I thought Chicago and N.Y. was expensive!!!!!!!! Does anyone have suggestions of places to stay and how to handle the parking costs?????

Thanks Lary

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,460 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions of places to stay in San Francisco and Parking??

There are several motor lodges in SF with free parking. Look into Columbus Motor Inn, Coventry Inn, Buena Vista Inn, Cow Hollow Inn and any number of other hotels located on Lombard Street in the Marina District.

While not located in the heart of the city, public transportation is good in these areas or you can walk to some of the nearby tourist destinations and take a cab back or bus back to your hotel.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
19,460 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions of places to stay in San Francisco and Parking??

Also, you don't really need a car while in the city itself because of the great public transportation available. Only rent the car on the days you need it, like when you leave for Carmel or on a day when you might want to visit Muir Woods or the wine country.

3. Re: Questions of places to stay in San Francisco and Parking??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2010, 05:19