We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another tour bus question

Freehold, NJ USA
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Another tour bus question

My 18 year old daughter and I will be staying at the Omni the first week in Nov. I have researched tour buses but am still not sure which would be best for our needs. Our plane arrives at 11AM. I hope to be at our hotel by 1PM and since we have both never been to SF and we will be exhausted from a full day of travel we'd like to get overview of city. We'd like a hop on/off bus that has a pick up near Omni. It would be great if it was a few day pass and if it picked you up from stops frequently. Which one will be most convenient, most informative and fun? What time do they run to? Is it better to purchase these tickets online in advance or are there ticket sellers offering a bargain on the street? Thanks!

Dylan's Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Bike Tours
Streets of San Francisco Bike Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Vantigo Tours
City Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Urban Trek USA
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,428 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another tour bus question

It's a bus that picks up people around the city and the closest for you would be Union Square, but read the reviews first:

this is the San Francisco Deluxe Tour company review of the hop on hop off tours: tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

City Sightseeing also does hop on hop off: yelp.com/biz/…

redandwhite.com/land_tour_city_sightseeing.a…

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60713-d1544…

Mr. Toad gets favorable reviews, but picks up from Fisherman's Wharf and is not hop on and hop off: tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60713-d66…

yelp.com/biz/mr-toads-tours-san-francisco…

You can also do a walking tour for free: here's one that has a starting address of your hotel - http://www.sfcityguides.org/desc.html?tour=89

2. Re: Another tour bus question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2010, 06:19