We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendations for around $150 per night

mrsmoldyhaggis
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Recommendations for around $150 per night

Hi,

My husband and I are visiting for the 3rd time next September and are looking for a decent hotel in a central location for around $150 per night (Thursday through Monday). I have found the Grand Hyatt for this price but was wondering if anyone could recommend any other cheap gems.

Thanks

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,396 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recommendations for around $150 per night

using dealbase to search sites, particularly saw rates under your price limit on Orbitz's search: dealbase.com/San-Francisco-hotel-deals-disco…

you may find you like

Serrano Hotel and Hotel Bijou (walk east of Taylor when you exit and stay north of O'Farrell after dark), Parc 55 Hotel

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,175 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recommendations for around $150 per night

If you have the Grand Hyatt for your price, I would take it. Great location.

Check the rates at the Chancellor, though, one of the favorites here....historic boutique hotel, recently redecorated, fantastic staff. 1/2 block from Union Square.

http://www.chancellorhotel.com/hotelinfo2.htm

Also, go to hotelres.com (a consolidator SF hotels use), choose Union Square and see what rates they can offer. (I am not sure they will book this far out, however.)

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,423 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Recommendations for around $150 per night

I agree with Puter (as we often do) in that the Chancellor is definitely worth checking out.

As Puter says it is a boutique historic hotel but in a perfect location and in my opinion has San Francisco character and charm as well as great staff, good amenities and the rates should be acceptable depending on your exact dates.

Having said that, there is nothing wrong with that rate for the Hyatt and I guess it also depends on your preferences for types of hotel.

mrsmoldyhaggis
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Recommendations for around $150 per night

Thanks for your help, I will check the Chancellor

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Recommendations for around $150 per night

You might also look at the While Swan or Petite Auberge on Bush near Mason. I was just speaking today with someone who is at the WS for $130/night. Fireplace in the room and refrig with water and soda replenished daily. Plus breakfast is included. Both are nice B&B type spots with a cozy breakfast room/sitting room where they also do a wine reception every evening. I personally like the WS just a bit more than the PA.

6. Re: Hotel Recommendations for around $150 per night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2010, 05:21