We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon

Hello everyone.

I'll be getting married on november 6 next year, i've already booked a western caribean cruise sailing from miami round-trip but im planing to spent at least 3-4 more days after the cruise somewhere. I've been thinking about San Francisco, Chicago, Toronto/Niagara falls, Las Vegas/Grand Canyon or even Seattle/Vancouver...I m thinking about those places since we are from Puerto Rico and our first week on honeymoon will be a caribean cruise... so What would you recomend us as far as weather, romance, dining, hotels, price, etc goes? Thanks in advance...

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon

I think Las Vegas/Grand Canyon will have higher temps and less rainfall out of all the places mentioned. Possibly more affordable vacation/honeymoon packages as well, especially because sales and hotel tax is much less there, at least in comparison to San Francisco.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,440 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon

Well, if you only have 3-4 days after your cruise and you end up in Miami, most of the destinations you have listed aren't really practical. It is almost a day to travel to the West, and another day back. I would plan on a romantic destination on the East Coast.

How about the "Millionaire's Club" on Jekyll Island in Georgia. It is an historic hotel, now called the Jekyll Island Club Hotel, on a peaceful island where you can bike around and enjoy the scenery.

historichotels.org/hotel/Jekyll_Island_Club_…

We enjoyed our short stay there.

San Francisco CA
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon

hg - San Francisco is a very romantic city. Sure, it will take a few more hours to fly here, but you won't regret it. There is so much to see and do here. Do consider it.

BTW, estuve en Ponce hace dos años. La parte antigua es muy parecida a la cuidad de Nueva Orleans donde yo nací.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon

Thats the point, the time it takes from you to fly to and from the west coast... but we havnt decide yet so we are still on consideration...

PD to latinafro: Nunca e visitado New Orleans, vivo en Ponce y me encanta la ciudad...

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon

it may be helpful to read this article about finding a romantic getaway within the San Francisco to Monterey HWY 1 coast and not focus solely on San Francisco for 3-4 days after your cruise: http://tinyurl.com/sanfrancisco2monterey and all the locations mentioned in the article are reviewed on Tripadvisor for you to read and decide

6. Re: Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2010, 05:17