We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short visit plan

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
140 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Short visit plan

WE will only be in SF for 3 days. We have visited the city several times so I think we have seen the major atttractions. We are thinking of spending Thursday in Sausalito. Do you have any must sees, must do lunch spots or must not miss shopping.

I have had friends recommend riding bikes but it is December and I am guessing a bit chilly for that. At this point we are planning to take the ferry.

Thanks in advance.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,396 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short visit plan

Poggio is very good for lunch or dinner, but a reservation is recommended. www.poggiotrattoria.com They use ingredients from their back garden; the menu is comprised of naturally raised meats and local seafood. It is in the Casa Madrona hotel and walking distance from the ferry.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short visit plan

San Francisco has a mild winter. I don't think it will be too cold for cycling :)

The ferry ride can get windy and cold though. Make sure you bring warm coats so that you can stay on the deck to see the view.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
140 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short visit plan

Thank you. I made the reservation and am looking forward to it!

4. Re: Short visit plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2010, 06:16