We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Hotel for big Family

Kuwait
Level Contributor
221 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Budget Hotel for big Family

Hello

I want to book Hotel for my summer vacation in SF for 3 nights (27July2010 -> 30July2010) , i will be traveling with my family . we are 6 Adults+2 Kids (2&3Years)

What is the best Budget Hotel for us ?

i need 2 room at least (only if the rooms have separate sleeping area like sofa bed is the living room+king bed in a BD) , or i need 3 rooms to fit us all

MY BUDGET is 400$ per night

This is my 1st visit to SF , i prefer nice Location

Help Guys

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,396 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Hotel for big Family

Hotel del Sol is great for families with 2-room suite kitchenettes: http://www.jdvhotels.com/del_sol/?cid=gl_del and

The neighborhood has great restaurants on Lombard, Union, Fillmore, and Chestnut Sts.; shopping of all types plus you can walk to the Ft. Mason Recreation area; there is a large Safeway grocery store next to Ft. Mason if you want to pack a lunch to take with you. Neighborhood guide: www.sfgate.com/neighborhoods/sf/marina/

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Hotel for big Family

Good suggestion. I'll add the Grosvenor Suites: http://www.grosvenorsuites.com/

Kuwait
Level Contributor
221 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Hotel for big Family

Thanks guys for the reply ..

I found this site goldengatevacations .com

They have some good prices for condos and i can book it online

Did anyone tried it before , i think they have good prices ..

Check this

goldengatevacations.com/html/…

And this :

goldengatevacations.com/html/…

Which one is better ? i think i will prefer these condo over hotel as they are less expensive and can be booked online

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget Hotel for big Family

Both locations are near Alamo Square, which is not an area I recommend to visitors. Much of it is nice (and the rental looks quite so) but it changes drastically from block to block. There are blocks of public housing seeded about and the characters that they attract aren't the best.

A rental might be a good idea for such a large group. Try www.vrbo.com or www.homeaway.com But get the exact location (not just a neighborhood) and come back to us for feedback. (By "exact location" I mean address or street/cross street.)

5. Re: Budget Hotel for big Family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2010, 05:18