We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BART to Chancellor Hotel

Carrollton, GA
Level Contributor
588 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
BART to Chancellor Hotel

Considering taking BART from SFO to Chancellor Hotel at 433 Powell Street. If I get off at Powell St stop, am I then walking uphill to hotel? I seem to remember this from a previous trip. Is the stop at the carblecar tournaround????? Thanks. John

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,514 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BART to Chancellor Hotel

Yes, the stop is at the turn around and it is uphill but to the Chancellor it's not a terribly steep walk.

Depends how much luggage you have as to how difficult it will be.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BART to Chancellor Hotel

1) Yes the stop is at the turnaround.

2) It's 4.5 blocks of a vague uphill (by SF standards). Some complain that the first 2 blocks of Powell are crowded with pedestrians. But I don't think the "climb" itself is a problem. According to gmaps it's about 1/4 mile and 120' of elevation change (although it doesn't seem that much to me). http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

--------------------

Edited: Drat it anyway, Oskar ... you must have to blow the sparks off your two typing fingers -- LOL!

Edited: 11 February 2010, 21:36
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,484 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BART to Chancellor Hotel

Wow...four minutes difference? Well at least you are both very knowledgeable and your advice is right on. <grin>.

4. Re: BART to Chancellor Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2010, 07:15