We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honeymoon hotel?

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
honeymoon hotel?

Hello hope you can help.

As part of our honeymoon we shall me driving around california with 2 nights in san fran. We have been before and have great memories of the place and just want to take in the atmosphere and enjoy ourselves.. not in any mad rush to see anything in particular.

Can anybody recommend a nice hotel for a honeymoon? Willing to pay for something expensive as this is HOPEFULLY a once in a life time thing... only get one honeymoon right?!

Would like something with really nice rooms... maybe a little unusual/different to the run of the mill hilton/ holiday inn etc.

any suggestions appreciated. thanks for reading

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,394 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: honeymoon hotel?

the Mandarin Oriental in a Bay view room and using the "Love is in the Air" deal, upgrade to a Bridge to Bridge Room for its panoramic view spanning 180 degrees from the Golden Gate to the Oakland Bay Bridge mandarinoriental.com/sanfrancisco/…

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,744 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: honeymoon hotel?

Can you give us a price range in USD?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,744 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: honeymoon hotel?

Re: The Mandarin Oriental.

I have always wanted to stay there and if you can get, and afford, a room as described by Obsidian Snow. I would go for it.

I remember one picture from their website a few years ago where a large soaking tub was surrounded by windows looking out on the bay. (wow).

However, since it is in the Financial District, locals have said that it is a very quiet area at night with no restaurants, etc.

I will turn this part over to them. You may not care at all <grin>.

Best wishes and congratulations on your marriage.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,214 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: honeymoon hotel?

We seem to be assuming you would like a great view so here is another to look at.

Hotel Vitale has suites and rooms with great views of the Bay and Bay Bridge.

Of course it will depend on your budget.

www.hotelvitale.com

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
8,597 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: honeymoon hotel?

When I saw the title of the thread, I immediately thought of the Mandarin Oriental, so it was funny to see others mentioning it, too. It seems like half the people I know who got married in SF spent their wedding night at the Mandarin Oriental.

Brighton
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: honeymoon hotel?

wow Oriental looks wonderful.. maybe a little pricey though.. even with the AMAZING view and terrace. We are travelling around california for 3 weeks so should try and stick to budget.. the pound to dollar exchange rate is not as kind these days!

Hotel Vitale looks lovely.. we may go for that one.. litle cheaper.. Think $300/$350 a night max really.

Anymore suggestions very welcome

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: honeymoon hotel?

The tower rooms at the Fairmont (get a north facing room) are very nice and have superb views.

I agree with Oskar on the Vitale but it is at bay level while the Fairmont is higher.

However, it's easier getting around from the Vitale, without having Nob Hill to climb all the time :)

Edited: 18 February 2010, 21:21
8. Re: honeymoon hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2010, 07:20