We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping question on a travel site but here goes

CA
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
shopping question on a travel site but here goes

Looking for a prom dress for daughter in San Francisco does anyone have ideas on where to start ? Can anyone recommend any dress outlets or factories ?

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,911 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping question on a travel site but here goes

I've had these places bookmarked for awhile, but can't vouch for them personally:

Jessica McClintock outlet:

yelp.com/biz/jessica-mcclintock-outlet-san-f…

Gunne Sax Outlet:

yelp.com/biz/gunne-sax-outlet-san-francisco

You might have some luck at Loehmann's as well.

sacramento ca
Level Contributor
686 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping question on a travel site but here goes

gosh i didn't know these two outlet stores were still open- i bought many many prom dresses there over 30 years ago! and they were always my favorites and dad loved the price!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,440 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shopping question on a travel site but here goes

It's okay to ask a shopping question on a travel forum. After all, isn't shopping one of the favorite travel activities? :~)

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shopping question on a travel site but here goes

WE took a then young cousin to Jessica McLintock sometime in the 1980's (I remember that she arrived for her visit at the 16th & Wood St. Amtrak station in Oakland). It was great then, now it must be one of the few surviving factory outlets South of Market.

sacramento ca
Level Contributor
686 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: shopping question on a travel site but here goes

i didn't realize there was any outlets down there any more. that used to be such a fun thing to do, late 70s, early 80s...

what else is down there?

that was in the day before the outlet malls etc and it was kind of adventure. people selling stuff out of backs of cars etc....

esprit originally was down there and then became a big store...

6. Re: shopping question on a travel site but here goes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2010, 07:17