We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
137 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
suggestions

I need help from the SF experts, my husband and I will be landing at SFO at 8:51 PM 7/16/10 after 10 days in Hawaii and leaving @ 10:50 PM the next night for Boston . (We will also stay in SF on July 3-4-5 before Hawaii.) We are not renting a car, what is a good hotel that offers an airport shuttle close to SFO? Any suggestions on what to do on that one day, Saturday? We will do most of the tourist things on the three days before going to Hawaii like Alcatraz, wine country etc. I am not opposed to chilling out at the hotel for the day if they offer a pool, maybe looking for a place with a pool and restaraunt nearby? or maybe 1/2 day tour. I was thinking of saving the wine country tour for that day but I don't know if they pick up at airport hotels.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions

Check out Burlingame hotels (virtually all will offer free SFO pick up), see tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g32124-Burlingame_Cal… call some of the larger ones such as Hyatt, Hilton, & Marriott and inquire about tours.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions

Half Moon Bay is nice and this event in Half Moon Bay is good to check out: halfmoonbaychamber.org/visiting_hmb/tourdefl…

you can rent a 2-door compact car for 24 hours inexpensively from SFO. If you try Priceline, first then you could find cheaper rates than going directly but if going directly to the agency, first try Budget, Alamo and Thrifty as they compete for economy car rental rates. Don't use Fox Rental off airport.

Four Points by Sheraton Hotel & Suites San Francisco Airport has free airport shuttle and free parking starwoodhotels.com/fourpoints/…

reviews: tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Edited: 02 April 2010, 19:30
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
137 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestions

thanks, Half Moon Bay looks like something different and intersting.

4. Re: suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2010, 06:24