We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch Help!!!!

Murrieta, CA
Level Contributor
198 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch Help!!!!

We will be in SF for 1 day, next Monday, coming on the NCL Pearl. Our ship docks @ Pier 35. We will be taking Mr. Toad's tour and then would like to get some lunch. We need a place that offers a variety of seafood as well as non seafood. We also need it to be within walking distance of the Pier. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Diane

Dylan's Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Bike Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Vantigo Tours
City Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Urban Trek USA
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Painted Ladies Tour Company
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , City Tours, Private Tours
San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch Help!!!!

An number of places on Pier 39, see www.pier39.com

New Jersey
Level Contributor
124 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch Help!!!!

Hi... we recently had lunch at Boudin's - the sourdough place in the Wharf- we ate upstairs overlooking the water. My boyfriend had a cheeseburger on sourdough which he said was delicious and I had the chowder in the sourdough bowl which was great as well.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,835 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch Help!!!!

We like Scoma's at Fisherman's Wharf.

They have a very nice Prix Fixe lunch that has seafood or other items that we like as well as other things on the menu.

http://www.scomas.com/?

$23.95

SERVED DAILY UNTIL 3:30PM .

Soup/Salad

(Choice of)

Cup of Clam Chowder

Caesar Salad

Entrée

(Choice of)

Petite Dungeness Crab or Bay Shrimp Louis Salad

Pasta Garibaldi

Broiled Aged New York Steak

Broiled Catch on Mixed Greens

Broiled Catch with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables

Dessert

Chef’s Selection

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch Help!!!!

The reason why no San Franciscan has chimed in here is that there aren't a whole lot of places within walking distance of the cruise ship pier that we're likely to recommend. The only one I can come up with is Fog City Diner, which was a happening place when it opened but I haven't been in years: http://www.fogcitydiner.com/

Pier 23 Cafe was another that came to mind, but it's been knocked badly lately by Yelpers.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,566 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch Help!!!!

I agree with Scomas.

Others at Wharf area are overpriced and pretty ordinary.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,097 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch Help!!!!

I like Scoma's as well, especially their Cioppino.

I am also in the minority, but I still like Aliotto's too.

I would also consider catching a cab to Tadich Grill on California, cabs are cheap and plentiful in SF.

Edited: 22 April 2010, 02:27
--
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch Help!!!!

RamblinSal writes>>.....Pier 23 Cafe was another that came to mind, but it's been knocked badly lately by Yelpers.....<<

Apparently the Pier 23 Cafe got featured in a segment of "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" last month, which along with "Man Vs. Food" is sort of a kiss of death for customers for at least for several months, if not forever (when it goes to the management's head). I appreciate the warning as it's a random sunny weather live music, health food (deep fried variant), and adult beverage stop for The Schmoo and I.

In close proximity to Pier 35 is Butterfly, located slightly east in the bulkhead section of Pier 33. Several years ago it came out of the gates fast with its "Asian Fusion" food, but it appears to have settled into sort of a middling 2.5 stars on Yelp!.

The OP didn't include the all-important how much time is available for the lunch, but if it was possible I'd consider grabbing a "south" bound F-line streetcar, debark at the Ferry Building and dine there or in the vicinity. You've got the Slanted Door, Boulevard (SyrahGirl's universal answer), One Market, and a raft of others.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,578 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lunch Help!!!!

I also would grab a cab to Tadich...a San Francisco tradition...and get out of the Fisherman's Wharf area.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
8,800 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lunch Help!!!!

Again, time constraints must be considered, but I'd second the idea of going to the Ferry Building. A nice little ride on an F Market (antique) street car will give you a (limited) view of the City & Bay & before you get to the Ferry Building.

The Ferry building will give you a good mix of options (price, cuisines, etc) so that everyone should be happy. If you don't go with a sit-down option and the weather cooperates, you can take your food either onto the Ferry Pier, across to Justin Herman Plaza, along the waterfront, or . . . and have a semi-picnic lunch.

Lastly, again depending on time, you might end up with some time to walk around the Embarcadero end of Market Street and soak up a little bit of downtown SF, see the California Cable Cars up close, etc.

That's my suggestion,

hlo

10. Re: Lunch Help!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2010, 09:03