We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaboom Fireworks/Concert

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Westminster...
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
Kaboom Fireworks/Concert

The Kaboom Fireworks are going to be occurring while my friends and I will be in San Francisco. We are not really interested in buying tickets as we don't really want to attend the concert, but we want to catch the fireworks. Would it be a good idea to go on one of the boat cruises to watch, or does anyone have any better viewing suggestions?

Thanks everyone for your help!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kaboom Fireworks/Concert

As long as it's not foggy, the fireworks can be seen from anywhere along the waterfront. We watched from the South Beach Marina one year, which is right next to Pac Bell Park.

I'd be very hesitant to buy a boat cruise ticket for watching fireworks. These events coincide with our foggiest months and many times the fireworks are shot up into the fog. Hmmmm, pink, red and purple clouds ... very pretty.

It would be a shame to pay money to see that (or not see, I suppose LOL). And then you'll be stuck on the boat when you could be doing something else.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kaboom Fireworks/Concert

If they're at Candlestick Park as it indicates on the Ticketmaster page, I'd think you'd have to be around the south side of Hunter's Point (very sketchy area) to see them. I thought there'd be a hill in the way. www.ticketmaster.com/event/1C00447CC65131D2…

Edited: 15 May 2010, 00:47
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kaboom Fireworks/Concert

OMG ... Kaboom at Candlestick?? What are they thinking? That place is a wind/fog tunnel on summer evenings .. as old Giants fans will attest.

Yelpsters are already weighing in: yelp.com/events/san-francisco-kfog-kaboom-20…

Definitely give it a skip.

san francisco
Level Contributor
503 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kaboom Fireworks/Concert

totally depends on the weather - you just have to wait and see. it can be fun if the weather is ok - one year we watched from the west side of treasure island. i can't remember the specifics, but there's a road which goes along the west side, just find a place to park. not many people at all. i agree with the poster who said don't book a boat cruise - weather is too unpredictable.

5. Re: Kaboom Fireworks/Concert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2010, 05:37