We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for an apartment with some laundry facilities

uk
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Looking for an apartment with some laundry facilities

Staying in SF for 3 nights as part of a longer road trip around California and could do with some nice accommodation where we might do some laundry and wondered whether anyone had any recommendations?

Thanks

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for an apartment with some laundry facilities

What is your budget and how many in your group? I'm assuming you will have a car -- yes?

Many apartments have a weekly minimum but you can check www.vrbo.com Downside is many have a flat cleaning fee which, if you're only staying a brief time, ups the per night fee greatly.

There are a fair number of coin op do-it-yourself laundries in town (we call them laundromats). These have lots of washing machines and dryers and you can usually be in-and-out in about an hour.

There are also some wash-and-fold places that do your wash for you (no ironing) by the pound.

Unless you're also looking for a kitchen, etc. that an apartment would provide, I think the other two options might suit you better.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,431 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for an apartment with some laundry facilities

Holiday Inn Golden Gateway on Van Ness & California: www.goldengatewayhotel.com/overview.asp

area guide: tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i17406-San_Fran…

uk
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for an apartment with some laundry facilities

Thanks for this.

We would have a car ~ as to budget it would be good to be less than $250 per night.

Golden Gate looks an option but it only features around half way in the Tripadvisor ratings ~ something a bit higher would be good

Any other suggestions gratefully received

Thanks

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for an apartment with some laundry facilities

I wouldn't stay at that Holiday Inn just because it had laundry facilities.

For $250 a night you should be able to find a nice hotel in the Union Square area that is walking distance to a laundromat. You will be paying $35-60 to park the car however. There is a laundromat at Bush & Stockton.

There are some less expensive motor lodges along Lombard Street which have free parking and are still within range of laundry facilities. There are two on Chestnut between Divisadero and Broderick.

Let us know what type of accomodation you're looking for and we can narrow it down a bit more.

uk
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for an apartment with some laundry facilities

Thanks - I guess Union Sq would be a better location but my wife is keen to have something with a kitchemette that has a washing machin -- bit like what you can get in las vegas

Thanks

6. Re: Looking for an apartment with some laundry facilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2010, 05:16