We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking Issue Help

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Parking Issue Help

I am staying at the Holiday Inn Civic Center which is on 50 8th Street in Downtown San Francisco. The hotel wants 35 a day for parking. Are there any other options in that area for parking that are cheaper. Thanks for the help.

Lori

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking Issue Help

across the street is a lot, might be cheaper, Access from Eighth St from Market.

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking Issue Help

Do you happen to know the name of it. Thanks for the help!!!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking Issue Help

Using Best Parking (http://sanfrancisco.bestparking.com), the Trinity Lot at 15 8th St. is $18.

A couple of notes:

1. This rate will not allow an in-and-out priveleges. If there is a way to dump the car while you visit SF, it would be a good idea as you won't need it while here. If you are driving here, BART offers long term parking for $5 or $6 (depending upon the station) per day.

2. The Holiday Inn on 8th Street is not in a great neighborhood. Not awful but a bit dicey at night and not much around in the way of restaurants, etc. How did you come to pick this spot? I would bet we could locate a hotel in a better neighborhood for same or close to what you're paying at the HI.

Edited: 27 June 2010, 23:41
Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking Issue Help

I don't have any choice but to arrive after midnight. Is it going to be unsafe for a female by herself to ride BART from airport to Holiday Inn Location. I may just have to leave car at airport and pick up two days later even though I can't change reservation. Any opinions???

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking Issue Help

Last BART train out of SFO is 12:37AM, so you might be cutting that close. The BART ride is probably OK (I'm not sure I would do it), but I would never walk from the Civic Center BART station to that hotel at that time of night.

Actually, I wouldn't park offsite and walk across the street after midnight in that neighborhood. (In fact, I'm not sure the lot info I provided is attended at that time of night.)

I'm not enamoured with your choice of hotel ... any chance you can change that?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,375 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking Issue Help

beemergirl,

If you cannot change your hotel....(try hard)....then just drive the car in and park in the hotel's lot and bite the bullet for the $35. That is about the lowest you can get. Some offsite lots will get you in for $18 to $25, but the safety issue is not worth it.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
6,047 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking Issue Help

Totally agree. At that hour, pop for the parking.

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
107 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking Issue Help

We are also having sticker shock at $45 a night for parking at the Harbor Court. Is there a Bart Station nearby to park a car for 3 nights?

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking Issue Help

If you're not coming in at night, you could park at West Oakland, which is one stop away from Embarcadero BART, which is by the Harbor Court.

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
107 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking Issue Help

Thanks for the info. Does this mean there is no parking at the Embarcadero Bart? I don't think I want my car across the bay...