We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hertz O'Farrell, a good location ?

Montreux...
Level Contributor
229 posts
221 reviews
Save Topic
Hertz O'Farrell, a good location ?

Hello, I've booked 1 week with Hertz rental car from O'Farrell Street in San Francisco later this month. Is it a good location to rent from ? Is there queue when picking the car up (around midday) ? Are the cars in good conditions (SUV categroy booked)? Any exprience ?Thanks a lot for your help. PA

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hertz O'Farrell, a good location ?

Never rented from the location, but I would recommend always verifying availability if you can phone them locally before you turn up and they're sold out (415) 923-1590. The queues are very long first thing in the morning, but I am not sure about midday. There is usually only one person working the desk when I've walked by in the early morning. The better reviews I've seen are for the Hertz on 840 Ellis between Polk & Van Ness (415) 923-1119. Very few people in line if ever a line, but it's not near Union Square. You can take the MUNI bus #38L or 38 on Geary to Van Ness, walk downhill two blocks to Ellis St., turn left and the rental company is halfway down the block.

2. Re: Hertz O'Farrell, a good location ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2011, 08:46