We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Herbst Theater

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beverly Hills, CA
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Herbst Theater

Hello All:

I'll be coming to SF for a classical concert at Herbst Theater this fall. I know it's a relatively small venue. I have my choice of seats: box, front row dress circle, 4th row orchestra.

If you've been there, would you please comment on which seat you'd select?

I understand there's no a/c and the bathrooms are in the basement. Anything else I need to know about?

Thanks so much!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,394 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Herbst Theater

4th row orchestra is very good; www.yelp.com/biz/herbst-theatre-san-francisco see photo: yelp.com/biz_photos/LuZPMcW25kLB4QnxSQ-IjQ…

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Herbst Theater

As you said, it's quite a small venue (seats 915). For a classical concert, I would choose the front row of dress circle (it is still quite close to the stage). In general acoustics are better a bit further back.

The boxes are all on the side and the seats in the boxes are not very comfortable.

Herbst is a little gem. Enjoy the murals on the walls ... they were commissioned for the 1915 Panama Pacific Exposition that was held in SF and were woven into the design of the theater when it was built in the early 1930's.

3. Re: Herbst Theater

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2011, 08:47