We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Union Sq Hotel Recommendations

singapore
5 posts
Save Topic
Union Sq Hotel Recommendations

Hi San Francisco experts,

I'll be traveling to SF in Nov this year and with my wife and 8yr old son. I managed to narrow down to these hotels near union square at around U$ 175 per night incl taxes.

Westin Market Street - normal room

55 Parc Wyndham - club level room [includes breakfast ]

Grand Hyatt San Francisco - Pure allergic friendly room

Donatallo - King Suite

Are there any opinions on these hotels ? Or any other recommendations ?

My priority would be clean, bug free rooms, good transportation (we will not be driving), modern furnishings and bathrooms, and nice views would be a plus.

Thanks for your help.

Cumbria, UK
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Union Sq Hotel Recommendations

I can’t comment specifically on your choices but I can throw the Chancellor in. I’ve stayed there before and will be staying again this September. The manager Wes frequents this forum but never peddles his own property. Unbeatable location and simply the best service I’ve had in a hotel…….anywhere.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,238 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Union Sq Hotel Recommendations

We stay frequently at the Donatello. The rooms are large and comfortable, and since you have your son you may like the convenience of the wet bar, fridge, microwave for snacks, etc. and the sitting area with the queen sleeper sofa.

There is a nice lounge on the top floor with a fireplace, free newspapers, and two terraces, and also a fitness center on that floor.

As a couple we love the Chancellor, but as it is an historic boutique hotel you may find the rooms a little small for the three of you.

The Sea
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Union Sq Hotel Recommendations

We stayed at The Chancellor and will stay again for our next visit, but I'd agree it probably won't suit your needs for this trip. Not on your list, but have you taken a look at The Argonaut near Fishermans Wharf?

singapore
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Union Sq Hotel Recommendations

Yes I did. however it's slighly more expensive and from reading the forums, it seems that most people recommend staying at Union Square area rather than Fisherman's Wharf area.

Thanks for the tip though

The Sea
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Union Sq Hotel Recommendations

I think they're right. We enjoyed the Union Square area.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,427 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Union Sq Hotel Recommendations

Out of your selections I would go for the Parc 55____Club level ___good views___breakfast___good value !

Have a great trip.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Union Sq Hotel Recommendations

I know it doesn't help with the options you listed, but I cannot speak highly enough about the Chancellor Hotel.

singapore
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Union Sq Hotel Recommendations

Thanks for the Chancellor Tip. Unfortunately, it seems that there are no rooms available at the Chancellor during the period I'm looking at. Not sure if there is something wrong with the system or that the Chancellor is really popular :)

Edited: 22 July 2010, 07:22
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,355 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Union Sq Hotel Recommendations

We stayed this year at the Grand Hyatt in a Club Level room. Very nice room and the views from there were gorgeous. Staff extremely friendly and helpful.

10. Re: Union Sq Hotel Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2011, 06:30