We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from airport to Union square?

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
SHEBOYGAN WIS
Level Contributor
123 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from airport to Union square?

Me and my wife will need a ride from the airport to the Westin in Union Square, figure taxi will run between 45 and 55, does anyone know of a alternative and cheaper way? also who is the area by the Westin, my wife was in SF many years ago and says that were all the homeless people live. Ive read that's a great location, fine dining and shopping. any advice appreciated.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from airport to Union square?

You can take Bart to Powell Street. Then walk to the Westin. We walked from a parking garage with our luggage and there were tons of peole doing the same thing. We took BART and there were lots of people coming and going with luggage. Also many people rolling their luggage through Union Square area. Cost of BART from the airport would be $16-$17 total for both of you.

There were so many people in Union Square this weekend, including the panhandlers but they are easy to ignore, Well they were for us.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,603 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from airport to Union square?

I believe you are speaking of the St. Francis Hotel? There are several Westins in San Francisco and we do not usually call them by there corporate names because they change ownership so often.

>>wife was in SF many years ago and says that were all the homeless people live.>>

Homeless people are in every city, including San Francisco. They don't "live" here, because, by definition, they are "homeless". They also may be transients just passing through.

3. Re: Transportation from airport to Union square?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2011, 07:21