We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guess who's coming to San Francisco

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
14,730 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Guess who's coming to San Francisco

I was just checking the Convention & Visitor Bureau calendar. We're used to Oracle, the Bar Association, conferences for nurses, podiatrists, the food industries, city planners, bordello owners, etc. But here's something that almost made me ROFL. The Greater Philadelphia Leadership Exchange is meeting here in San Francisco Sept. 10-13.

Well, that was just too intriguing to pass by, so I Googled this organization and learned that "The Greater Philadelphia Leadership Exchange is an initiative of the Economy League to develop leaders of business, civic, and government organizations into visionaries dedicated to making Greater Philadelphia a world class region."

So they are having their convention in San Francisco. I'm trying to decide if they want to learn how to do some things better, or how not to do some things.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,730 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guess who's coming to San Francisco

Forgot to add: here is the website to check the convention schedule for 2 years ahead. You can plan when to come and decide whether or not you want to share the City with a certain group of people.

http://www.sfcvb.org/convention/calendar.asp

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guess who's coming to San Francisco

Having spent quite a bit of time in Philly and the surrounding area ... I'm thinking they want to get out of town (apologies to any Philly residents out there).

San Francisco
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Guess who's coming to San Francisco

What would W.C. Fields have to say about that?

Port Saint Lucie...
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Guess who's coming to San Francisco

And I thought our local leaders were the only ones who misspent $$...

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guess who's coming to San Francisco

Kind of like The Cancun Tourist board having a meeting in Zihuatanejo.

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,919 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guess who's coming to San Francisco

In the words of an associate of mine: "The mind boggles."

--
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guess who's coming to San Francisco

Frisco_Roadrunner writes>>....We're used to Oracle, the Bar Association, conferences for nurses, podiatrists, the food industries, city planners, bordello owners, etc.....<<

When the bordello owners come to town, do you think we could get them to take the mayor and board of stupidvisors back home with them?

San Francisco
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,730 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Guess who's coming to San Francisco

Heehee, I didn't think this thread would be so amusing to so many people! :^D

In your fondest dreams, Caffiend! They're having too good a time running their own bordello at City Hall, and they're doing an oddball twist on the world's oldest profession: doing "you know what" to US while WE pay THEM!

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,532 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Guess who's coming to San Francisco

Perhaps they want to learn about tooth brushing as the California Dental Association meeting is Sept 9-11 in SF.

Sheesh.....perhaps they'll combine all 3 and brush after visiting the bordello and learning how to make a better Philly Cheese Steak!

Dr. Z

...looking forward to visiting SF and my favorite Chinese greasy spoon ...Sam Wo's.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Guess who's coming to San Francisco

<<<What would W.C. Fields have to say about that?>>

I'm hopin either:

1. " phildelphia: I spent a week there one night"

or

2: philadelphia: " I was there, but it was closed."