We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pier 27 - taxis

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
229 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
pier 27 - taxis

My cruise gets into Pier 27 (Sept 28 - Zuiderdam). I'm wondering if there are taxi's at the pier to take us to our hotel.

thanks!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,396 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pier 27 - taxis

I've only read that there is a taxi stand at the garage next to the pier. Even if there were no taxis out there waiting, it is easy to flag one down on the Embarcadero.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
168 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pier 27 - taxis

On our cruise, the cruiseline employees were on the phones requesting more taxis.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pier 27 - taxis

When I've gone by when a cruise ship is in there is usually an informal cab line set up. There may be a wait because of the sheer number of people but I'm sure the cabs know when ships are coming in.

Where are you staying? Can you walk a few blocks with your luggage? If you're staying at Fisherman's Wharf, it's possible you are walking distance from the cruise terminal.

4. Re: pier 27 - taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2011, 07:15