We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any where to leave Luggage for a week

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Any where to leave Luggage for a week

Hi we are on a roadtrip from the uk with 2 young teens in august and we are flying to vancover island for 7 nights from san francisco ( after a three night stay in sf)

Can anyone tell me if there is anywhere in the SF airport that we can store some luggage for a week so we dont have to take it all with us. Or is there an email address i can use to ask the airport directly.

(We cannot leave it at the sf hotel as when we return we are heading to yesomite via sonoma six flags)

Many thanks

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any where to leave Luggage for a week

From the FAQs at the SFO website (www.flfysfo.com)

Can I store luggage at the airport?

Baggage storage is exclusively available at the Airport Travel Agency, located on the Departures/Ticketing Level of the International Terminal, near the entrance to Gates G91-G102. The Airport Travel Agency is open daily from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. No reservations are required for baggage storage. All baggage is x-rayed prior to storage.

Rates are assessed per each 24 hour period that an article is in storage (articles in storage for less than 24 hours will be subject to the 24 hour rate), and vary according to the size of the object.

Please contact the Airport Travel Agency at 650.877.0422 or CF.Airport@gmail.com for additional information.

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
400 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any where to leave Luggage for a week

Having asked this same question mid last year, the info that I got back from the Airport Travel Agency was :

"Our storage rates are based on the size (not weight) of each piece. Most standard sized suitcases are around $10-$20 per piece for each 24 hour period. (Our minimum charge is for 24 hours.)"

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
16,061 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any where to leave Luggage for a week

If it's $70 per bag at the airport, might you be able to send your suitcases to your hotel at Yosemite for less money?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,440 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any where to leave Luggage for a week

You can go back to your hotel in San Francisco on your way to Six Flags when you arrive at the airport from Vancouver without really going out of your way too much. For what you will pay for luggage storage, that seems like the best option to me.

The airport is South of San Francisco and Six Flags is North East, so you will be travelling North from the airport anyways.

SFO to Yosemite via Six Flags is much more out of the way than SFO to Six Flags via San Francisco.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any where to leave Luggage for a week

HI we are staying at the handelrey in union square in sf, then fly to v i for a week, return and drive directly to sonoma from the airport so i think to go to the hotel may be inconvienient as we also wouyld of had a massive day driving from ucelet VI to victoria then fly and drive to sonoma. Unless you can advise we are passing the door of the handlery. cheers

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,440 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Any where to leave Luggage for a week

To go to Sonoma from SFO, you could very easily stop by the Handlery without going too far out of the way. You basically go back to San Francisco to go to Sonoma from SFO. The only detour would be going to Union Square from I80 and back to go over the Bay Bridge to Sonoma, or going to Union Square from Highway 101 and back continuing North on 101 toward Sonoma. Again, for the what the airport charges for baggage storage, I would to the slight deviation and leave the bags for free.

7. Re: Any where to leave Luggage for a week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2011, 05:21