We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can you go to Yosemite from SF??How long

Hampshire,UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
can you go to Yosemite from SF??How long

Can you get to Yosemite from San Fransisco on a day trip does anyone know? Have heard you can drive there takes about 3hours but not sure I want to drive.

Thanks

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can you go to Yosemite from SF??How long

It's possible but not recommended, drive time is about 4hrs each way. Too much to see there to squeeze it into 1 day. See "Top Questions" on the right side of your screen, or do a search, and find plenty of opinions (most will repeat what I've said).

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can you go to Yosemite from SF??How long

Agree with above. There are some one day tours available from SF. Better than nothing, I suppose but that's 8 hours on the road for 4-5 hours at Yosemite. Not to mention 8 hours of wasted time when you could be doing something in SF.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
26,728 posts
5,781 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can you go to Yosemite from SF??How long

If this is one of your life time trips to California, then Yosemite is fantastic. You have to realize that the trip is long (4 hours to get to the park; 4 hours back), but if you have the time, there are some overnight tours from San Francisco.

www.yosemitetours.us/…

One option would be to check in.out of your hotel in San Francisco; take the tour; and then come back and check back in to your hotel. You can then leave the bulk of your baggage at the hotel for the trip.

There are numerous companies that do this type of trip.

Since you are from the UK, I would take the trip. You will find San Francisco has some distinct differences from London, UK - and they are worth traveling to see. However, you will not find anything close as the fantastic Yosemite area in UK (although there are other areas in the UK that have the same type of "uniqueness.). I would take the plunge and include Yosemite.

have a fantastic trip....and if you do go to Yosemite let us know.

The others always say to spend all your time in San Francisco but the great national parks of California are what make us great.

So do enjoy and have a wonderful 2011.

4. Re: can you go to Yosemite from SF??How long

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2012, 05:32