We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belden Place

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,586 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Belden Place

We are meeting our San Francisco friend next week for dinner, at Belden Place. We have eaten at Plouf. Other suggestions?

Best Seller
Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour
2,261 reviews
from US$99.00*
Best Seller
San Francisco Super Saver: Muir...
1,582 reviews
from US$117.00*
Best Seller
Big Bus San Francisco Sightseeing and...
209 reviews
from US$110.00*
Best Seller
Muir Woods, Giant Redwoods and...
2,472 reviews
from US$62.00*
san francisco
Level Contributor
543 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belden Place

Dining option are so myriad in SF we need you to narrow it down -- price range? Genre? (Sushi, Mexican, Dim Sum, Thai, Vietnamese, Ethiopian, Italian, American, Indian, etc.) Neighborhood? If you are a little more specific you will be inundated with replies.

Have a great trip!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,586 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belden Place

As I said, Belden Place.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belden Place

My favorite of Belden Place is Plouf... My thoughts on the other restaurants I've tried (Tiramisu, Belden Taverna, B44) were that they were all pretty good but nothing outstanding. Of those, I'd say B44 stood out the most.

Edited: 21 January 2011, 21:25
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,586 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Belden Place

Thanks, I'll look at the menu. We may end up just going back to Plouf, unless somebody comes up with a rave review on one of the others there.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,159 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Belden Place

Sam's Grill.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,586 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Belden Place

Oh, yes, Sam's Grill. We have a history of eating at Sam's Grill. But I have a hard time thinking of it in relation to Belden Place. We ate there many times way before there WAS a Belden Place. Thanks for the reminder.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Belden Place

I like Tiramisu quite a bit. I often meet friends at Cafe Bastille but I think of it more for lunch (and my friend knows the owner).

Across Kearny and Bush is Claude Alley ... I like Cafe Claude a lot.

B44 specializes in paella, FYI.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,586 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Belden Place

I hadn't thought of checking into Cafe Claude. Our friend is an enrolled agent and in the middle of tax prep, so she needs a location easy for her to get to. Will see what she thinks. She usually takes us far afield into the "latest" and we have had some very good meals, but not in the center....Mission and etc.

Thanks. I wouldn't mind paella, if it is very good paella. The last I had was in Spain :~)

9. Re: Belden Place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2012, 07:16