We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday 2012 plans

North east england
Level Contributor
715 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
holiday 2012 plans

Im currently planning a usa trip for may 2012:

san francisco 4 nights

las vegas 5 nights

los angeles 5 nights.

My travel agent has recommended the following hotels, but im not so sure:

san francisco - they have said "raddisons fishermans wharf", although I was looking at the "chancellor hotel" in union sq?

Las vegas - they have suggested the bellagio - now i know this is lovely but is it worth paying the price, considering you arent in your room very long...i was thinking maybe the Luxor or Treasure island..havent really got a “per night” budget,.

Los angeles - they have recommended the Beverley Garland Holiday Inn - any thoughts??

Sorry for rambling on a bit, but want the trip to be perfect as we are getting married in Vegas while there.

Any help greatfully appreciated.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Death Valley Junction, Death Valley National Park
Level Contributor
15,303 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: holiday 2012 plans

If you do end up spending 5 days in Las Vegas, you will have time for a side trip to Death Valley. Ideally, it should be overnight, because it's 2 hours to the park, which is the size of Luxenbourg and Lebanon combined, and there is plenty to see. However, a day trip is possible and you can see some of the natural wonders that are on the east side of the park. Between downtown Las Vegas and Death Valley is Red Rock Canyon nature preserve.

Or you could make a day trip to Valley of Fire State Park, an hour east of Las Vegas, which will give you a tiny hint (but better than Red Rock Canyon, IMO) of what Zion, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, and the other great Southwestern parks are like..This ride takes you close to the north shore of Lake Mead. Or you could head south along Lake Mead and see Hoover Dam.

For Death Valley, visit us on the California forum. For Valley of Fire, go to the Nevada forums for Las Vegas or Overton. Be sure to check off "Get notified when a reply is posted," because the Las Vegas forum is extremely busy and nothing stays on the front page for more than 30-45 minutes..

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: holiday 2012 plans

Guys, knock knock?? The OP posted this in FEBRUARY and has never been back to the thread.

North east england
Level Contributor
715 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: holiday 2012 plans

Hello - Im the OP. I made my decisions earlier in the year and the holiday is fully booked now. As follows:

San Francisco - The Chancellor Hotel

Las Vegas - Planet Hollywood

Grand Canyon (Overnight) - El Tovar

Los Angeles - The Renaissance.

As Ramblinsal has commented I posted back in February so I'm not sure why the post has re-appeared suddenly......

Thank you again for all the help and advice.

Can't wait for holiday now, only 5month to go!!

14. Re: holiday 2012 plans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2011, 15:57
San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: holiday 2012 plans

Please note that someone calling themselves "RamblinSol" is impersonating me .... right down to the avatar. Very "small" joke.

16. Re: holiday 2012 plans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2012, 10:23