We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flowers in bloom

Anderson, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
flowers in bloom

we will be in San Francisco for a couple of day mid March. Will there be any flowers blooming on the hillsides, GGP, Japanese Tea Gardens? Thanks. Marlyne

Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flowers in bloom

im not a local but from what i have read the tulips are in bloom by the end of this month.hopefully this is correct because i will be visiting on the 12th and was looking forward to seeing flowers also.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,914 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flowers in bloom

Tulips are at Pier 39. I haven't been over to see them yet, but looks like they'll only be around through this weekend. Hopefully someone else can help with info on GG Park.

http://www.pier39.com/Events/index.htm

If either of you get the chance to head up to Point Reyes, I highly recommend the hike to Chimney Rock to see wildflowers in the spring. bahiker.com/northbayhikes/chimneyrock.html

N California
Level Contributor
521 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flowers in bloom

The rhododendrums should be starting to bloom in mid-March. Later varieties of daffodils should be doing nicely as well. If you visit the arboretum, you could ask there what/where to look for elsewhere in the park.

4. Re: flowers in bloom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 08:19