We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Labor Day Weekend

Kirkcaldy
Level Contributor
618 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Labor Day Weekend

We have just booked to arrive on Fri 2nd Sept and leave on Tue 6th Sept for San Diego. We have visited late February and mid November before. How busy will Pier 39 and F. Wharf be?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Labor Day Weekend

My experience with holiday weekends in San Francisco is that tourist areas are pretty crowded (although Fisherman's Wharf always seem to be LOL) but it's a great time to get out to the neighborhoods. Many city denizens will head off to Wine Country or Tahoe for a long weekend and local 'hoods and restaurants won't be as crowded as usual.

If you've been here before it would be a great opportunity to check out more local areas.

Good opportunity to check out Golden Gate Park as well.

Kirkcaldy
Level Contributor
618 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Labor Day Weekend

Thanks Sal, as it is our third visit we will do different things as well as the usual Pier 39 , the Wharf and Ghirardelli Square. I think we will watch the swimmers coming from Alcatraz on the Sunday. We are going to take the ferry over to the Saulsalito Art Festival. I'd like to see more of Golden Gate park as we visited the Californian academy of sciences there last time.

3. Re: Labor Day Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 18:19