We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

11 year old birthday in San Francisco

Barcelona
Level Contributor
128 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
11 year old birthday in San Francisco

We are travelling to San Francisco at the start of August as the beginning to a three week road trip. We will just be in SF for two nights. One of those nights (Aug 7) will be my daughter's birthday ( she will be eleven) and I would love to be able to take her somewhere children friendly for dinner on that day where they will make a fuss of her (for example with a birthday cake). We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express at Fisherman's Wharf, so would anywhere near there be suitable? Any recommendations?

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
4,097 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 11 year old birthday in San Francisco

I don't know if they do birthday cakes there, but kids generally love the Rainforest Cafe. You sit in a jungle like setting and every so often they have robotic animals that 'come to life'. It's fun even as an adult.

Generally, in the USA, you can ask the server and they will bring out a small desert with a candle in it for your birthday. In some places they will even sing you a song.

http://www.rainforestcafe.com/default.asp

Kirkcaldy
Level Contributor
618 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 11 year old birthday in San Francisco

The Hard Rock Cafe at Pier 39 will probably put sparklers in a desert and the servers will sing happy birthday. They do it in Edinburgh

San Francisco
Level Contributor
121 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 11 year old birthday in San Francisco

I agree - Rainforest Cafe would be good. My kids have gone to friends' birthday parties there. The decor is fun and unique.

Barcelona
Level Contributor
128 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 11 year old birthday in San Francisco

Thanks for the replies. The rainforest cafe sounds like fun. I'll keep the Hard Rock cafe for when we go to Edinburgh - LOL!!!!!

5. Re: 11 year old birthday in San Francisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 02:16