We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm soo confused !!

Calgary
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
I'm soo confused !!

My husband and I are coming to SF for 1 week. We want to fit it all in. My question is should we go for a tour (maybe Mr Toads for 3 hrs) and then buy a muni pass and go back and see the attractions that interested us OR buy a pass for the hop on hop off buses and with who?

I think I bought too many books on SF but we didn't want to miss out.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm soo confused !!

I would do a combination. Do a tour to orientate yourself and then get a muni pass to vist the attractions. SF is a very easy city to see on your own. The city itself is relatively compact and public transport is easy to negotiate.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,488 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm soo confused !!

If you want to see it all then I would consider doing a more comprehensive tour to begin with like Dylans.

It takes 4½ - 5 hours but takes in Muir Woods and Sausalito as well as all the city sights.

Another to look at is Best Bay Area Tours.

Then as georgiamorris recommends use a MUNI passport to get around yourself____its very easy and great value particularly if you use the Cable Cars a bit.

http://www.dylanstours.com/

bestbayareatours.com/tour_san_francisco.php

http://www.sfmta.com/cms/mfares/passports.htm

Calgary
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm soo confused !!

Thanks for your info. Have you done a tour? could you recommend a company?

Calgary
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm soo confused !!

Thanks, I'll take a look at Dylans tours and the rest of the info. Have you been there/

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm soo confused !!

Oskar has indeed been around a few San Francisco blocks in his time :)

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
9,441 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm soo confused !!

He has to keep marking his territory :)

PA
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm soo confused !!

I took San Fran Shuttle Tours and saw a lot including Muir Woods. They give you a discount when you book the city and Muir Woods together.

Kirkcaldy
Level Contributor
618 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm soo confused !!

Last trip we did a Mr Toad 3 hour tour then used our CityPasses for transport. CityPass only works out better than a muni pass if you use the vouchers for the attractions.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
234 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm soo confused !!

F.mY.I.

I loved my trip to San Francisco and my favourite activity was to rent a bicycle and ride on the Golden Gate Bridge up to Sausilita. We visited the Sausilita then took the ferry back to San Francisco. It`s one of the top 10 activities in many San Francisco tourist book. I even bought a shirt to prove I rode a bicycle on the Golden Gate Bridge to prove it. It always a good conversation starter!

10. Re: I'm soo confused !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 21:18